Sustainable Development Goals
The Agenda 2030 is the result of the joint work of governments and citizens around the world to create a new global model for ending poverty, promoting prosperity and well-being for all, protecting the environment and combating climate change, and integrates 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to be implemented by all countries and covering such diverse but interlinked areas as: equitable access to quality education and health services; the creation of decent employment; energy and environmental sustainability; conservation and management of the oceans; the promotion of effective institutions and stable societies; and the fight against inequality at all levels.
UTAD intends to actively contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda, so we have taken the option of aligning the latest Strategic Programs with the 2030 Agenda. In the framework of the values underlying this Plan, we assume the centrality and value of people and their participation, the importance of equality and inclusion, and the promotion of the sustainability of the Planet. On the other hand, we affirm ourselves as an institution that thinks globally and acts locally and globally, engaged in reflection and action for a more prosperous and sustainable world, with a culture of social responsibility and networking, focused on quality and with an international vision, in interaction with the scientific, business and political worlds, and with the society in general.
Therefore, in its Annual Planning, UTAD makes an effort to align its activities with the principles of sustainability reflected in the 17 Goals recommended by Agenda 2030, as a way of seeking to mobilize the efforts of the academy through a set of objectives and global goals.
- SDGs in the 2023 Activity Plan
- SDGs in the 2022 Activity Plan
- SDGs in the 2021 Activity Plan
- SDGs in the 2020 Activity Plan
- SDGs in the 2019 Activity Plan
- Commitment to the Environment (Roadmaps) [pt]
- Certification of UTAD’s Energy Management System
- Certification of UTAD’s Environmental Management System
- UTAD’s Healthy and Sustainable Food Charter [pt]
- Ideas call for for the logo of the Charter for Healthy and Sustainable Food from UTAD
- United Nations Secretary-General highlights the role of Universities in Climate Action (Find out more here)
- FAO presents E-Learning Academy aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (Find out more here)
- Book of Conference Proceedings on the Bologna Process includes UTAD communication (Find out more here)
- Read here other news about the Sustainable Development Goals at UTAD
- UTAD’s Healthy and Sustainable Food Charter (Find out more here)
- Sustainability Commitment (Find out more here)
- Sustainability and the SDGs in pedagogical practice (Find out more here)
- 2021 European Learning & Teaching Forum: Embedding and facilitating sustainability |18 – 19 FEB 2021 | CONFERENCE ONLINE (Find out more here)