Sustainable Development Goals
The Agenda 2030 is the result of the joint work of governments and citizens around the world to create a new global model for ending poverty, promoting prosperity and well-being for all, protecting the environment and combating climate change, and integrates 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to be implemented by all countries and covering such diverse but interlinked areas as: equitable access to quality education and health services; the creation of decent employment; energy and environmental sustainability; conservation and management of the oceans; the promotion of effective institutions and stable societies; and the fight against inequality at all levels.
UTAD Commitments and Activities 2019
The University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD), as higher education institution, has the ambition to contribute, through the commitments established in its Strategic Plan 2017-2021, as an active agent in the transformation of the world, to achieve all objectives of this Agenda. In the framework of the values underlying this Plan, we assume the centrality and value of people and their participation, the importance of equality and inclusion, and the promotion of the sustainability of the Planet. On the other hand, we affirm ourselves as an institution that thinks globally and acts locally and globally, engaged in reflection and action for a more prosperous and sustainable world, with a culture of social responsibility and networking, focused on quality and with an international vision, in interaction with the scientific, business and political worlds, and with the society in general.
As general commitments, transversal to the Sustainable Development Objectives, we highlight:
- Strengthening the internationalization of the knowledge produced by UTAD, with potential impacts in several SDG, associated to the mechanisms for dissemination and promotion of good practices in open science and sharing of knowledge;
- Inclusion of the Agenda 2030 and the SDG in the curricular structure of the various courses taught by UTAD;
- Strengthening the role of UTAD as a vehicle and promoter of the Agenda 2030 in the context of its relations with the community, with businesses and other public or private entities.
Documents and Reports
- UTAD’s strategic plan
- SDGs in the 2019 Activity Plan
- SDGs in the 2020 Activity Plan
- Commitment to the Environment (Roadmaps) [pt]
- The Objectives for Sustainable Development in UTAD curricular units [pt]
- UTAD Campus Certification by NP EN ISO 14001 and 50001 [pt]
- Evolution of Energy Consumption at UTAD [pt]
- UTAD’s Healthy and Sustainable Food Charter [pt]
- United Nations Secretary-General highlights the role of Universities in Climate Action (Find out more here)
- FAO presents E-Learning Academy aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (Find out more here)
- Book of Conference Proceedings on the Bologna Process includes UTAD communication (Find out more here)
- Read here other news about the Sustainable Development Goals at UTAD
- UTAD’s Healthy and Sustainable Food Charter (Find out more here)
- Sustainability Commitment (Find out more here)
- 2021 European Learning & Teaching Forum: Embedding and facilitating sustainability |18 – 19 FEB 2021 | CONFERENCE ONLINE (Find out more here)