The University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro is a Public Institution of Higher Education oriented towards the creation, transmission, and dissemination of culture, knowledge, science, and technology, through the articulation of study, teaching, research, and experimental development.
The growing and challenging demands of new competitive contexts require this institution to monitor and respond to them with a commitment to rigor, effectiveness, efficiency, and quality. The implementation of systems that ensure the participation and accountability of all contributes to UTAD being an open and transparent university, participative and democratic, but also responsible, demanding, and rigorous.
The promotion of Quality at UTAD is guaranteed by the Integrated Quality Management System – SiGQ-UTAD – which monitors and collects information, ensures its analysis and disseminates it to the various levels of management in all aspects of its mission, involving employees, faculty, students, and external partners.
The UTAD Quality Policy, aligned with the institutional strategy, in sharing the mission, vision, and values of the University, provides clear guidelines for achieving the goal of global quality.
In this sense, UTAD and its quality policy are committed to:
- Promote a culture of quality transversal to the various axes of the institutional mission and support services;
- To encourage the involvement of the whole academic community in a strategy of differentiation by quality;
- Promote the relationship with students and other stakeholders, developing solutions in line with their needs and expectations to increase their level of satisfaction;
- To foster commitment between the organization and the employees, promoting participative internal communication, management by objectives, and the continuous training of all employees, as a basis for growth and innovation;
- To recognize suppliers and other relevant stakeholders as important partners, privileging those who respect compatible quality standards
To foster the sustainable management of resources, the well-being of people, and the social responsibility of the organization;
- To keep active and in constant improvement, the Integrated Quality Management System, integrates the NP EN ISO 9001:2015, Standard, with the Standards for Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education and with other standards adopted nationally and internationally.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The manual defines the principles of operation and organization of UTAD’s Integrated Quality Management System (SiGQ), in accordance with the benchmarks defined in the normative framework of the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education, and the NP EN ISO 9000:2015 and NP EN ISO 9001:2015 standards.
It intends to be a means of information, awareness, involvement, and motivation for all employees, promoting their participation in activities to achieve the objectives and to carry out actions leading to the achievement of continuous improvement, to obtain the satisfaction of students and other stakeholders of UTAD.
- Quality Newsletters [PT] – January 2023 |
Besides the instruments – Strategic Plan and Activity Plans [PT] – UTAD, to cultivate continuous quality improvement, also provides documents that demonstrate its commitment to transparency, gender equality [PT], and the Pedagogical Charter, thus seeking to create a healthy, attractive, and stimulating environment for all stakeholders.