Emídio Ferreira dos Santos Gomes
Rector of UTAD
Emídio Ferreira dos Santos Gomes was born in Massarelos, Porto. Graduated in Zootechnical Engineering from the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (1984), Master in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Porto (1987) and PhD in Biomedical Sciences (University of Porto, 1991).
Rector of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro.
Full Professor at the Institute of School of Biomedical Sciences of Abel Salazar of the University of Porto (ICBAS) since 2000.
– President of the Northern Regional Coordination and Development Commission, 2013-2016.
– Director of the School of Biotechnology of the Catholic University of Portugal, 2011-2013.
– President of Portus Park, Network of Science and Technology Parks & Incubators, 2003-2013.
– Member of the National Council for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2011-2015.
– Pro-Rector of the University of Porto for Innovation and Business Relations, 2009-2011.
– President of the General Council of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, 2009.
– Executive Director of the Porto Metropolitan Area, 2005-2009.
– Member of the Strategic Council of the University of Minho, 2003-2009.
– Manager in the agro-food and biotechnology sector, 1991-2008.
– Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Innovation Agency, 2002-2005.
– Member of the Advisory Board of COTEC, 2003-2006.
– Coordinator of the College of Agronomic Engineering of the Order of Engineers (North Region), 1998-2004.
– Vice-President of the Foundation for Science and Technology, 2002-2003.
– Adviser to the Board of Directors of Grupo SOJA DE PORTUGAL, 1990-2002.
– European Commission reviewer of University/Industry cooperation projects, 1994-2002.
– Board of Directors of the School of Biomedical Sciences the University of Porto, 1988-1990.