The University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro’s Centres and Research Poles are structures aimed at carrying out research, the transfer of science and technology, dissemination of culture and provision of specialised services.
They cover the various scientific areas within the University and make a very significant contribution to the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge, in which the Institution’s teachers and researchers are engaged together with researchers from other universities and institutes, integrated into strategic networks that foster innovative projects with a regional, national and international impact.
- Animal and Veterinary Research Centre (CECAV)
- Centre for the Studies in Letters (CEL)
- Centre for Transdisciplinary Development Studies (CETRAD)
- Research Centre in Sports, Health sciences and Development (CIDESD)
- Centre for Research and Technology of Agro-Environmental and Biological Sciences (CITAB)
- Vila Real Chemistry Research Centre (CQ)
- CMAT – UTAD
- Institute of Integrative Biosystems and Sciences (BioISI)
- Research Centre in Didactics and Technology in Training of Trainers
- Institute of Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science
- Institute of Philosophy of the University of Porto
- Associated Laboratory of Energy, Transport and Aeronautics
- Constructive Materials and Technologies Centre
- Geosciences Centre