The University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro’s Research Centres are structures aimed at carrying out research, the transfer of science and technology, dissemination of culture and provision of specialised services.
They cover the various scientific areas within the University and make a very significant contribution to the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge, in which the Institution’s teachers and researchers are engaged together with researchers from other universities and institutes, integrated into strategic networks that foster innovative projects with a regional, national and international impact.
- Animal and Veterinary Research Centre (CECAV)
- Center for Studies and Research on Security and Defense of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (CEISDTAD)
- Center for the Studies in Letters (CEL)
- Centre for Transdisciplinary Development Studies (CETRAD)
- Research Centre in Sports, Health sciences and Human Development (CIDESD)
- Centre for Research and Technology of Agro-Environmental and Biological Sciences (CITAB)
- Centre for Mathematics (CM)
- Vila Real Chemistry Research Centre (CQ)